Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How was your weekend?

We had a BUSY weekend in the Thomas house!

Saturday morning I had to work until noon. Saturday afternoon was football game after football game. Iowa won! Iowa state got creamed, but Texas won. LSU lost.

Sunday morning, we got up bright and early to make our way to the Grand Ole' State Fair of Texas. It was a pretty quick visit, only 3 hours, but we got everything in that we wanted to see. Saw the car show, the Baseball in America exhibit, the craft building, the butter sculpture of a horse and a sheep in a hot air balloon (I thought the Iowa Fair was the only fair to have things made of butter, but I'm wrong!), had my corn dog (in Texas they are corny dogs), and ran through the agriculture building. Because we had places to go!

Husband and I were lucky enough to be invited to the Dallas Cowboy football game on Sunday afternoon. And my friend that invited us has a box. On the 50 yard line. IT ROCKED! Except the Cowboy's lost. But still had a wonderful time with the free food and drinks! I can tell you're jealous.

This weekend, we're off to Monroe, Louisiana for the 1st Annual Autism Awareness walk that Husband's family is organizing. It's going to be fun!

No comments: