Monday, January 14, 2008

Starting with a Bang

Today is only January 14. Already so much has happened this year.

Started off with one of my elderly customers at the bank passing away on the 1st. He always came in and even though he couldn't see me, said I was looking great. He always asked about Jackson and enjoyed the tidbits I'd tell him. He will be missed.

On January 4, we welcomed Nathan Ghose to the world! Babies are so sweet. Guess I hadn't been around one in awhile, because I forgot just how sweet they are. He's so adorable and looks a lot like Michael did when he was born.

And then on the 6th, we had a horrible incident at my bank. A money courier was dropping off a deposit into our night drop at 6:45 that morning, and was shot and killed for the money he was depositing and his truck. I don't think many people understand that he wasn't just a money courier. This guy came into our bank every single day to do his job. Everyone where I worked had developed a personal relationship with Phillip because he always had a smile on his face and always checked to make sure everything was okay.

It's been a real rough week on me. When I sit at my desk and look up and out our windows, I look at the exact spot where he died. If it had happened anywhere else, I doubt I would feel as responsible as I do. I've been praying for an answer why bad things always happen to good people. I'm sure there is a reason, but I haven't found it yet. I pray for his family and his friends to find peace.

I sure hope this year starts getting better.

No comments: