Friday, January 18, 2008

The Year of Less

I read a blog a few weeks ago, around New Yea's Resolution time, and I don't remember where I read it, but here's my version.

For 2008, "Less" is my resolution:

-less waste
-less consumption (stop shopping so often...)
-eating less
-worrying less
-less stress (hasn't been that way so far...)
-(I'd say drive less, but I think that will work in Dallas.)

I'm sure there are a million more things that could fit in my resolution, I'd just have to think about them.

I'm a big believer that for a New Year's Resolution and during Lent, our mindset should not be about the negative, it should be about the positive. For Lent, I usually try not to give something up, but to do something to make myself a better person. I think the New Year's Resolution should fit along those same lines.

Technically, by being less, I'm giving myself more.

No comments: