Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fun times with Butterflies

On Monday, Jackson's nap stuff was sent home in a garbage bag with a note that said two cases of lice had been found in his class. "Please wash all nap stuff in really hot water, dry it on hot, and then put it back in the bag for 30 days." I figured we'd just throw it all away and get new nap stuff because we're wasteful like that. Monday night I looked through Jackson's hair and didn't see anything.

Last night, I saw it. Nits in his hair. Yucky, little, sand-like nits. I called dad to tell him what was going on and Jackson was actually listening to me. Jackson asked, "Do I have spiders in my hair?" I said no... no spiders. Then he asked if he had butterflies in his hair. Now, knowing that the word "bugs" usually gives Jackson the eeby-jeebies, I decided to tell him yes... yes, he did have butterflies in his hair. And he was fine with it.

We went to the drug store for medicine to get the butterflies out. Then we came home and washed his hair to get the butterflies out. Then we let the medicine sit on his head so that the butterflies would get out. And then we rinsed all the butterflies out of his hair. Thankfully, I didn't see any nits after that. The box says the medicine works for 7 days, so I sure hope they're gone.

I ended up doing 5 or 6 loads of laundry last night. And I still have a couple more to do. Not to mention all the new pillows and nap stuff I have to get at the store. UGG! Butterflies are SO much fun!!!

1 comment:

Life With My 3 Boybarians said...

OHHhhh heebie jeebies. Sorry dear. Yuck. I still remember when my 2nd grade class came out with an outbreak of them. I had sooooo much hair. My mom never did find any in my hair, but I made her check over and over and over and over for butterflies in my hair. ;)