Saturday, April 12, 2008

Stormy weather

Tuesday night, there was a really good chance of severe weather.

Around 4 in the morning, I woke to the tornado sirens going off. Turned on the tv and there was a strip of red and purple weather from the border all the way down to Waxahachie. Not good.

About five minutes after the sirens went off, the weather hit. It was as if someone turned on the faucet... wind and rain in incredible amounts. I gathered Jackson out of his bed and we actually hung out in the closet for about 10 minutes until it didn't sound so loud outside.

Good thing we did - a confirmed tornado hit about a mile from our house.

2 comments:

GRANNYDIDI said...

Glad you all are safe.
Michael's granny

Life With My 3 Boybarians said...

I flew over your house that Thursday and Sunday. The flight attendant was talking about your bad weather. I'm glad you're all safe.

After spending a few days in TX, I know why you must love it there! The weather is divine. The bugs not so much, but it's a great trade.