Sunday, May 11, 2008

Baby News

On Wednesday, I had a sequential screen done at the perinatologists office.

The sequential screen is bloodwork and an ultrasound done between 12 and 14 weeks, and then more bloodwork done at 16 weeks. It gives doctors a good indicator if there are any chromosomal abnormalities, ie. downs syndrome, trysomy 18, or any neural tube defects.

The best part is the ultrasound. It is amazing how fast these things grow! I had an ultrasound done 6 weeks ago and it had looked like a little bean. This time it looked like a baby. And it was amazing. We got to watch it kick and roll around, saw the arms and legs and brain and heart beating. Even being only 13 weeks, the doctor said he was 95% sure that it will be a boy. If he ends up as cute and sweet as Jackson, we're pretty lucky.

I had actually taken a gender test a few weeks ago. You can find it at http://intelligender.com. And that had come out "boy," too. So our discussion the last few weeks has been centered around names. Jackson likes Otis.

2 comments:

The Kammerers said...

That is funny because I told your dad and Nancy last week at dinner I was guessing a boy! I am saying the same for Jaime as well! Glad everything is going great!! =)

Life With My 3 Boybarians said...

Ohhhh a boy! Boy oh boy, I love little boys!

I vote Bennett! Or Colin. And I always say Henry and most people laugh. But I think Henry is timeless. ;)

Let us know what you (or jackson!) decide. :)