Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mother Nature

I'm really glad I'm not in Iowa right now. Between the storms and the flooding, it is just a mess.

My aunt lives in Cedar Rapids and her house is under water. Luckily, they were offered an empty apartment to live in for a little while. No electricity, but at least it's dry. They're going to try to get to their house today to check on their kitties. Hopefully the cats have moved to the 2nd story, or they are swimming!

Helpless is such an overwhelming feeling when things get this bad. So far, Des Moines seems to have weathered things pretty well. There is just a bit of flooding, but no catastrophies like 1993 when the water treatment plant went underwater.

I sure hope Mother Nature knows what she's doing.

1 comment:

Life With My 3 Boybarians said...

I recently added some pics of the area around DSM in my blog. Wet, wet, wet around here. Thankfully we're high and dry out west.

Hope you're feeling well. When do we get to see a profile shot of the growing belly??