Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pregnant Dreams

Two nights ago, I dreamed about working at Friday's again. I'd just started back and they were busy. First table and I was already in the weeds. They were demanding and kept drinking their cokes faster than I could fill them. And the coke dispenser on my side of the restaurant wasn't working. So I go over to the other side of the restaurant, and someone is already filling 8 glasses with coke for their table.

It was so vivid. I woke up in a panic because I really thought I was that far behind. I'm so glad I don't wait tables anymore.

And last night, I dreamed that someone broke a pane of glass that was on the front of the refrigerator. Glass shattered everywhere. On top of that, there were little kids around and I couldn't get it cleaned up fast enough. I could even feel the tiny shards in my fingers while I was trying to clean it up.

18 weeks down, 22 to go. I'll be glad when I'm not dreaming like this anymore.

No comments: