Friday, September 5, 2008

30 Weeks Now


I had a sonogram done this past Wednesday. Everything is growing wonderful! We even got a few 3-D pictures, as you can see. Amazingly, he looks almost exactly like Jackson did when he was born. I didn't think they'd be too different from each other, but this is definitely closer than I thought.

The only hiccup we discovered is that he is now in a breech position. So, I've been telling him to hurry up and move around so that we don't have to worry about it as he gets bigger.

So far, he isn't listening. I can tell because he keeps kicking my bladder no matter how many times I plead with him to stop.

Baby Gavin is doing wonderfully! He is keeping his temperature stable, and breathing very well on his own. He's had a few apnea issues, but that is to be expected for his developmental age. I think he's going to try a bottle this weekend! Never thought about it, but it takes a lot to learn how to suck a bottle, swallow, and breathe all at the same time. I'm sure he'll figure it out in no time!

Funny thing - Gavin dropped weight when the IV was taken out, that was to be expected. He dropped to 3 lbs, 14 oz. On Wednesday when they were checking out my baby, he supposedly weighs the exact same weight. For this one, it puts him in the 65th percentile for weight. I sure hope he decides to come early!!!

No comments: