Monday, November 10, 2008

Souper Sundays

Our new thing around here is to have soup of some sort Sunday night for dinner.

So far, we have had:

*chili (Texas chili - no beans)
*beef stew
*chicken and wild rice soup
*chicken noodle soup
*chicken & sausage gumbo

And they have all turned out really well if I say so myself. I never knew homemade chicken noodle soup could be so good and so different from canned. And I've never made gumbo before, for my first try, I think I did awesome!

And now, I've run out of ideas.... any suggestions?

4 comments:

The Kammerers said...

How about a potato soup of some sort? Or a home made vegetable beef?

Becky said...

I was thinking about a loaded potato soup as well.
I think I told you that my butternut squash soup turned out really good but I don't think that would go over well with Chris. Michael wants me to make pumpkin soup next. I make a good split pea and barley but again - too veggie friendly for Chris. I'll keep thinking and let you know.

Darcy @ LWM3B said...

My friend Tiffany does a weekly thing like this that she calls: Soup's On Saturday.

Here is the link to her blog - she posts new recipes every week and asks her readers to particpate, too. Maybe you can get some ideas and recipes from her.

http://www.butihadatiara.blogspot.com/

Tell her I sent you. She's a sweetie.

xoxoxo

Jenny said...

Hi!! Since I actually cook now (everyday!) I can contribute! How about taco soup?

1 lb. ground round
1 onion, chopped

Brown meat and onion. Drain off fat.

Add all of the below (do NOT drain any of the cans):
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can Ranch Style Beans w/ jalapenos
1 can hominy
1 can corn
3 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can Rotel
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg. dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

Simmer for 3 hours on low. Serve with cheddar cheese and fritos.

Let me know if this works out. :)