Friday, February 13, 2009

Boyfriends and Girlfriends

It's way too early when kids start thinking about the relationships between boys and girls. My 4 year old has a girlfriend.

When he first mentioned it, I blew it off. But he keeps mentioning it. And keeps talking about it. She was at school today. She wasn't at school today. We hold hands. But we don't kiss. That's disgusting.

I'm not sure what to think about it. Husband and I don't really like talking about it with him, we usually try to turn his attention to something else.... like Bakugun or Transformers.

I asked him if any of his friends had girlfriends. One doesn't. And he was trying to find a girlfriend for another of his friends. I shouldn't have asked.

On a much more innocent note... Little Guy is growing so quickly. We see smiles every day and he's just started talking to us. Talking a lot actually.

But... could someone please tell him that it isn't so cute at 2:00 in the morning??

1 comment:

Darcy @ lwm3b said...

Oh ack. I don't even want my 8 yo to talk about girls, much less my little guy. But 4???

Oh gracious.