Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fast Break

My husband is one of the luckiest people I know. He won a trip to New Orleans from the Mavericks. Airfare, hotel, and spending money!!

IT WAS AN AWESOME TRIP! THANK YOU TO THE MAVERICKS!

We flew over on Monday and landed about noon. After making our way to the hotel (four star and four diamond hotel, I might add) we went to the Acme Oyster house for lunch. We had just seen the Acme Oyster House on Man vs. Food (a TV show on the Travel Channel), so we thought we'd take the 15 dozen oysters in one hour challenge. Not really. We didn't even order oysters, but what we did order was some of the best I've ever had.

We had some time to walk around the French Quarter. I love New Orleans. Besides getting engaged there, it's one of the neatest cities I've ever been.

Went back to the hotel to get ready for the game. We were able to ride the team bus to the game and had Dirk and Jet on our bus!! I was 6 feet away from Dirk! At the arena, we were able to go in underneath and walk directly out onto the basketball court. We sat courtside while the team practiced and warmed up. We got our picture taken with Mark Cuban. Pretty exciting!

The Mavericks lost. I've never been to a game where I cheered for the "away" team. We were offered to go down by the locker room after the game, but didn't because they had just lost. The Mavericks guy that coordinated the trip said the next home game they won, he'd take Chris to the locker room after the game.

So, after the game, we walked down Bourbon Street. For a Monday night, I was surprised to find so many people out and about. We had beignets at the Cafe du Monde at 11:30 at night, and then went back to the hotel for some sleep.

Tuesday morning, we got up and went shopping at the Riverwalk (beignets again for breakfast!). Then we took the streetcar to the Garden District to have lunch at Commanders Palace. That was a very good lunch! We walked around the cemetary across the street from Commanders Palace for a little bit and then took the streetcar back to the hotel.

When got back to Dallas about 5:00, Chris had tickets to the Mavericks game that night.  I dropped him off at the AAC while I went to get my boys.  The Mavericks won Tuesday night, and Chris was able to take his friends to the locker room.  They all enjoyed that immensely!

It was a wonderful break from work and the kids.

I'll post pictures later!

No comments: